buyers view homes for about 10 minutes. That first impression on prospective
buyers should be a lasting and positive one. Home staging is about illusions. It's magical.
It's beyond decorating and cleaning. It's about perfecting the art of creating
moods. Staging makes your house look bigger, brighter, cleaner, and best of
all, it makes homebuyers want to buy it.
- Organize a yard sale before you list your home.
- Rent a storage unit and get rid of about half
the furniture and most of the personal items.
- Think clean and open spaces, clear off all surfaces and keep only a few decorative accessories.
- Take a tour of your home and give it a critical look. Get picky!
- Make a list of things you’d like to improve and make repairs.
- Keep your place smelling clean, fresh, and new by removing smoking, pets and cooking orders.
- A dining room should be a dining room.
- Clean your carpets, deep clean tile and grout.
- Clean and touch up the paint at walls, baseboards & doors.
- Clear off the countertops in your kitchen and bathrooms.
all of the windows so natural light can fill the space.
- Remove all personal items, photographs, diplomas, and certificates.
- Let the homebuyers see all the rooms and return rooms to their original state.
- Bring in new towels and finish the look with a vase of fresh flowers and candles.
- Keep out only a few essentials to give your home generic appeal–throw pillows, candles, and fresh flowers are great!